The challenge of the Christmas stocking is officially on. I have been making good progress. As you can see I have decided to make the stockings that Ryan and Paula have at their house in a tone on tone white. This choice, although it is turning out awesome, may not have been such a good one for my first attempt at this stocking making thing. The colors are so close that I really have to pay attention to which bobbin I am using. But I am sure this will make doing a stocking in the traditional red and green easy pesy, right? I am not at the point of saying this is easy, it is still quite the challenge and I have not even got to the turning of the heal.
If you look really closely, I am just a couple of rows into the Santa face. I was not sure how much the white Angora would show up next to the winter white, but am really liking the very subtle contrast.
This is the Christmas tree and I am using the white Angora as the details in the tree.
Here is Paula's name. I kind of cheated here as I used a duplicate stitch after the cuff part of the stocking was completed rather than have all of those bobbins hanging off each letter.
I will continue to keep you updated as to my progress, but so far so good. The wonderful gals at the yarn store here in town, Knit Wit, have assured me if I run into a snag they will be happy to help.